"Mom, you say.."
I hear this phrase from Cole probably 60 times a day.
No, I really do.
I realize you think I'm exaggerating or trying to make a point.
But really. It's an endless loop of this lately.
It's a game of sorts, and it begins and ends with "Mom, you say.."
I'm supposed to repeat what he says. That's, uh, the whole "game." It does have variations, though.
"Mom, you say, 'Wow, that's a transformer.' Then say, 'I didn't know they lived here.'"
"Mom, you say, 'Hey, we got some mail. It's from grandma, and there's candy in here.' You say that."
Or whatever today's scenario happens to be. It's a mindless exercise that will go on as long as I play the role of dutiful drone.
The rushed, frenetic way he issues his demands makes them really hard to follow (especially since half the time I'm being harassed by the youngest member of our family at the same time), but if I don't repeat things EXACTLY as he asks, he gets really upset.
However, if I'm obviously bored or not into it, well, that's not a problem. I don't have to use any voice modulation at all, as long as I'm repeating the lines as he feeds them to me.
The video is a decent example, since it shows how difficult it is to understand what, exactly, I'm supposed to repeat in the middle of his costumed dance party. I make a mistake in the middle here, and he's quick to correct me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment