Friday, November 13, 2009

Bad Choices

Cole is so unknowingly hilarious these days. He says stuff that's only funny because he absolutely doesn't know it's funny, and he delivers it in a very matter-of-fact way.
Yesterday, for example:

Me: (casually, as we're waiting in the car at a red light): "Oh, that [pregnant] woman's belly is big." My 4-year-old: "Yeah, like [classmate redacted]'s dad. He eats too much food."
***

On Wednesday, we had a big plan to go to the central library downtown. Cole was all excited to pick out some new books, so I loaded them in the car and we drove there only to find it was closed. Duh, Veteran's Day. But since we were already downtown, I thought they might like to bumble around the Disney performance center--there's a small park and a ton of space to explore.



After some grumbling (Cole does NOT like changes in plans), we spent the next hour or so there, running around. Their favorite part was the huge sculpture near the entrance.





Ice cream in the afternoon. It was that kind of day. I let Cole pick the kind, even though I had a bad feeling when he pointed to the rainbow sherbet. He liked the colors, of course, but my boy is a vanilla kind of kid. Fits in line with his "I like it plain" philosophy of food. But I didn't protest when he insisted, and 20 minutes later, we were all sitting out on our front steps, the kids with cones piled high with sherbet. Cole licked in silence for awhile, then turned to me. "Mom," he said, holding his cone out to me, "how about you have the ice cream part?"
"Next time," he continued, "I think I'll just have the cone."



2 comments:

Desperados said...

I read this and put down the extra handful of almonds. Thanks Cole. You're helping our wastelines one honest comment at a time ;)

Turbo said...

haha!