Thursday, February 18, 2010

Training Day


We're slowly easing into potty training over here. I'll spare you the gory details, but Riis is doing pretty well, mainly because Cole knows if she pees, he gets a candy, too. (That's my fault. I was so excited the first time she did it that I was all, "Candy for everyone!" Stuuuuupid.)

She forgets a lot, but when she remembers, it's like a cartoon light bulb goes off above her head, and she delivers the same script every time: "I gotta go potty and gedda canny!" And off she runs to her little hand-me-down commode.

Next, of course, comes the hollering. "Mama! Mama! Yook, Yook! I gedda canny!" (She still struggles with "l" sounds, so "look" is "yook.") Cole usually comes crashing into the bathroom to verify her claims, then he takes up the chorus: "Candy! Candy!"

It's funny to me that we're potty training two members of the family at once.

No comments: