Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday

A timeline:

Morning. Josh and I brought our coffee outside. Riis came to show us she was ready for breakfast.


May I have some, too? (Look how green his eyes have turned!)


Happy girl. She likes attention.


Fast-forward a few hours. Temperatures reach the low 100s. I decree we're all going to hide inside for the day, so we make a quick stop at Toys R Us to get some distractions. (Makes me realize how good we have it here...there are almost no days where we can't go outside, at least for a little bit. What do people do during WINTER with their kids?!?) Anyway, Cole got a bucket o' soldiers.
He was pleased.


Riis asked for a Strawberry Shortcake playset. I was dubious (not only because the new Strawberry Shortcake is totally anorexic and bears ZERO resemblance to the 80s version). I just thought she'd get sick of it quickly. But two hours later, she was still pushing Strawberry up and down her slide.


But even cuter: The new incarnation of Strawberry Shortcake has a theme song that goes something like "Straw-ba-ba-ba-ba-berry Strawberry Shortcake." Riis has decided somehow that this is Strawberry's actual name, and calls her that at all times. It's my favorite.

No comments: