It was strange, in a way, to transition from a nanny to a daycare--we loved Marcia, and she was completely responsible (I think) for Cole's sweet, gentle nature.
But we also love the Casita, and Cole is thriving there--he's got a gaggle of friends, most of whom he's bonded enough with that he can tell us what kind of shoes they wear or what foods they usually have in their lunch. He's confident, very verbal, and always happy to run into his preschool.
Riis--well, Riis didn't start her career at the Casita so happily. In fact, she pretty much echoed her home life in the classroom--cry, fuss, poor me, I'm crabby. Every time I came to pick her up, she was wailing. I kept bringing her in, hopeful that eventually the sweetness of her caretakers would win her over.
And boy, have they ever.
She loves school now, and beams whenever one of the teachers scoops her up. She's become crazy popular--the teachers from the toddler room and preschool room routinely stop by to hold her for a bit, or just to squish her fat cheeks.
I realized it was getting a little out of hand when one of her teachers asked me, "If we buy her little diamond studs, would you pierce her ears?"
(Short answer: um, no.)
Today, I came home and discovered that she'd been fussed over again. Guess what tipped me off?
No comments:
Post a Comment