It was a bit muted, because Josh spent all of Thursday throwing up, so he was a little bit out of it. Horrible, yes, but I was just relieved Cole didn't get it. (Can you imagine his spooky holiday, the culmination of everything he'd been preparing for, ruined by a virus? Ugh.)
Anyway, Cole's preschool had a big costume party, and parents were invited. So at 3, after his nap, I showed up to witness Iron Man in motion. (He wasn't allowed to wear a mask at school, hence the bare-headed look.)
They marched in a parade by classroom, then decorated cookies.
While I was there, Josh was at the Casita, setting up for the party there. I'd volunteered him to create a haunted house, and even though he felt terrible, he came though with a doozy.
We briefly trick-or-treated in South Pasadena in a million-dollar neighborhood (the houses made us melt), then delivered the kids to the party. Total success, although Riis quickly shed her costume.
Josh and I went as Betty and Don Draper, which is funny, only because we haven't even seen all of season one yet. (Mad Men.)
But of course, it was all about the kids. And how squishable are my Riisy-Roo Kangaroo and little three-year-old Iron Man?
1 comment:
Hi Nikki and Josh - LOVE the pictures of the kids - makes me wish we were there - and you guys make a great Betty and Don Draper -- Josh - you even got the smirk down pat (or ... did Don Draper capture YOUR smirk??).
Hard to believe Riis is almost a year old. Wow.
P.S. you MUST finish Season 1. Im bummed its not on again until July, 2009.
Post a Comment