Tuesday, November 4, 2008

That 3 a.m. Call

Actually, I wish Hillary could have gotten it last night.

Instead, it was Josh and I getting up every 45 minutes to Cole's urgent hollering. He threw up something like 5 times, I honestly lost count. We're out of sheets, that's all I know.

Poor kid. He's doing better today--Josh might even take him to vote later this afternoon. (He'll like the sticker, anyway.) I'm dragging, though. I stood in line at the polls today in a sleep-deprived haze, just marveling at the smiles on everyone's faces, and the fact that the line stretched around the schoolyard at 6:55 a.m.

The ballots are different here in CA. No levers like NY or black pen arrows like MN. They're the punch cards, which scare me because they remind me of grade-school standardized testing. I spent forever checking and re-checking my little punched hole in the presidential column to make sure I didn't commit some Florida-type gaffe.

Here in CA, you can vote by mail, but I opted not to. Not this time. Today, I wanted to do it in person.



(Oh! Good bonus story! My co-worker just came into my office to tell me she was in line for 2 hours--shooting the breeze with the person behind her: Monica Lewinsky.)

No comments: