Friday, March 6, 2009

Honesty

While Josh is off Phishing, I'm juggling both kids, which has actually been more fun than I expected. Cole's been appearing at my bedside around 5:45 a.m. for a quick 15 minute snuggle, and they've both been very sweet at nighttiime, giggling over dinner and splashing together in the tub. (Riis, however, is totally confused. She's been wandering around the house, poking her head into empty rooms and querying, "dada?" Poor thing can't understand where he went.)

It also means I have to take them both to school, which is sort of a mad dash, especially since it's the time of day when they're both the totally alert and attempting all sorts of games. (Cole refused to get dressed this morning, repeatedly asking me if I was making him take off his "comfy jams"--our name for his favorite blue jammies--because he went poop. What? Does that make sense to you? It did not make sense to me. Though I could have been distracted by Riis screaming "Crach-uh? CRACK-UH!"--her word for food--from her high chair.)

Anyway, this morning I loaded them into the van (Car? wagon? We don't really know what to call the new car) and they were poking and playing with each other, their new thing. But when Cole tried to climb over her to get out, she whacked him, hard, on the side of his face.

There was another family coming into the preschool, and Cole marched right up to the dad. "That's my sister," he said, pointing to Riis. "She's cute, but she hits me allllll the time."

(New post after the cabin entry--I can't rearrange them once they're published.)

No comments: