


Riisy loves bananas. We always keep a bunch hanging from a hook in the kitchen, and if she happens to notice them, she always stops in her tracks and demands, "Eat." If I don't jump (literally, she gives me like 3 seconds to react) she tries again. "Eat, mama. Nana."
She won't put up with pieces anymore. She's gotta hold the whole thing.
She's learned to say "monkey" and it's Josh's favorite word in her vocabulary. He asks her to say it all the time, because of the way she pronounces it, with a really long "Mon" and then a tiny "keh" at the end.
We don't hear the adorable "monkey" as much as we'd like, though, because she's too busy yelling "mine!" at every available opportunity. Evidently, Riis posseses every item in our home--and beyond. She greedily snatches up toys, remote controls, food, soap, you name it, and defiantly declares "mine!"
This morning she was singing her signature "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Alphabet Song" mash-up as I drove her to school. Unthinkingly, I joined in just past the "Winkle, winkle, iddle tar..." with "How I wonder--"
"Mine!" she hollered, glaring at me. "Mine!"
Her song.
I was just supposed to listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment