Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tink

Well.
For you Dickey ladies who went Tinkerbell crazy at Christmas and might have felt a bit of disappointment when Riis was like "eh," let me assure you...we are in the middle of Tinkerbell madness over here.

She has a pair of Tinkerbell sneakers that she calls "my Tinks," as in, "I wanna wear my Tinks." She sleeps with her stuffed Tinkerbell every night, and shrieks whenever Penzy tries to abduct it from her bed. (Which, unfortunately, is a pretty common occurance. What's weird is that he doesn't try to chew it, he just seems to like hanging out with it. Maybe it's a crush.) But her favorite favorite favorite thing right now is her Tinkerbell nightgown. She pulled it out of her drawer a few nights ago and instantly started clamoring to wear it. After having a huge meltdown when I told her it was pajamas, not a dress, she tearily agreed to wait until evening. She now demands to wear it every night, and boy, is that thing adorable. When she puts it on and pitter-patters around the house, her freshly washed hair in a cloud of blond curls, I feel like I have a child who only exists in the movies -- all golden and blue eyed and adorable.

Of course, she shatters this image the minute she opens her mouth, screaming for her bottle or because Cole hit her, but still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe my favorite post ever. I can just imagine the madness that surrounds the obsession, and who knew!? Did we tell you we picked out Tink because she's kind of a little sassy and independent -- just like her admirer? :) fun. And Penzy, too. Good humor.