Thursday, July 8, 2010

2005 Doesn't Seem THAT Long Ago






Well, our boy is five.
And he's so proud and excited. "I like being five," he announced on the morning of his birthday. "I feel more...cooler."


This kid, I'm telling you. He breaks my heart with his earnestness, his empathetic nature, his wild imagination. Every morning he climbs into our bed and happily sighs, "mama," before snuggling in next to me for our five-minute cuddle. He talks to the baby through my stomach. He tries to stop me from squishing spiders. He assures me that he's still going to want bedtime songs when he's a "tena-ger." (Teenager.)

He's also LOUD, full of questions, a little too quick to push Riis when she makes him mad, and can make me crazy. I love this part of him, too.

I don't know how we got so lucky, really.





1 comment:

Lesley Porcelli said...

OMG, look at that CAKE!