We went to the Long Beach Aquarium on Saturday--totally fun, and the kids loved it. It was 80 degrees outside, beautiful in Long Beach, happy family.
(They don't look very happy here, but trust me.)
But. Well.
We'd just started exploring the Southern California exhibit, a tunnel loaded with bright colored fish, when suddenly, Riis started screaming. Wailing. Josh was totally at a loss as to what was wrong, and she kept sobbing after I scooped her up, concerned.
When I looked at her face, I saw a weird brown speck on her chin and when I touched it, she freaked out. She'd gotten stung by something--likely a bee. We watched her for swelling, but after a bottle, she was fine.
However, the spot on her little chin was bright purple. Still is today. That thing gave her a bruise!
Then, of course, she got sunscreen in one of her eyes, so she looked like she'd taken a right hook to the eye, and a left to her chin. She soldiered on, though, forgetting for chunks of time that she was miserable.
She's tough, that one.
(And yes, I do use the tear-free expensive baby sunscreen. I don't know why it's forever getting in her eyes. If it wasn't SUNNY here every damn day...)
And today's update on spooky:
No comments:
Post a Comment