Post about our SD trip will be up soon, but first:
During the vacation, Riis learned a bunch of new words. She'll say "Up, dow!" for our little "Up, Down" game; she clearly says "Dada;" and she attempts to say "Riis." ("Rsss.")
She also learned about "Uh-oh" and uses it all the time. She spent a good 20 minutes yesterday at Target chucking stuff out of the cart and announcing "Uh-oh!" then laughing her throaty little laugh when I had to bend down to pick whatever it was up.
So this morning, when I drove her to school, I didn't think much of it when I heard "Uh-oh" from the backseat. I'd given her a bottle to drink while we drove, and I assumed she'd just thrown it on the ground. But after a few minutes, she got a little more insistent, repeating "Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh" until I turned around.
Her carseat was completely off of its base, dangling sideways from the captain's chair.
Uh-oh.
Of course I stopped immediately and fixed it, and she thought the whole thing was hilarious. But thank goodness for little babies that talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment