She...
Yeah.
I suppose this means I'm a terrible parent, since in order for her to scramble into the bathtub fully clothed, she has to be alone for 30 seconds. But she's fast! One second I hear her little feet pattering around in Cole's room, the next she's splashing around with a diaper expanded to 40 times its normal size.
(What's funny is that in this first picture, she's mirroring my expression. Of course that made me laugh, so she decided she was delightfully amusing.)
*****
Cole's never really taken to Turbo, which is sort of a bummer, because a boy and his dog and all that. He wants a fish.
But Riis loves Turbo, and is constantly climbing on him or trying to poke his eyes. Yesterday I found her trying to put his paw in her mouth. (This is to say nothing of her obsession with his food, which she calls "cookie"--rhymes with "hockey" in her world. She stuffs a handful of kibble in her mouth whenever she can, and munches happily. She is well-trained, however, and reluctantly spits it into my cupped hand when I ask her to. Actually, right now, she and Turbo aren't all that different.)
This week I dragged out a box of Cole's old clothes from the garage to see if there was anything we could use for Riis. Sadly, most of it was stamped with "Daddy's number one slugger" or other "I'm a boy! Don't ask my mom if I'm a girl! Because I'm a boy!" nonsense, but there were a few gems. These ducky jammies were a family favorite when Cole wore them, and I remember stuffing him into them even when his feet were straining at the seams because I thought they were so cute.
Here he is in them. I think he's 18 months or so here.
And here's Riis wearing them a few nights ago. Two little blond toddlers, with personalities as far across the spectrum as they come.
No comments:
Post a Comment